You can try this out in the CMF Sandbox. Currently, its just a proof-of-concept implementation. For example, we make no authorization check whatsoever. In the upcoming weeks, we plan to do the following:
- Only activate VIE if the user has the required role (inject an authorization service into the VieController)
- Support authorization service in REST controller
- Image insert feature in aloha
- Find a way for developpers to configure what editor to use for each field
- Support binary fields / file attachments
- Autosave while editing to not lose data on connection errors
If you have feedback or inputs to this, please tell! And if you can contribute, you are more than welcome to do pull requests or comment on commits. Whatch the LiipVieBundle and the sandbox to see what is happening.